The Pakistan Red Crescent and the ICRC help people in Pakistan restore and maintain contact with family members in Pakistan and abroad through Red Cross messages, tracing requests, allegations of rest (outside of Pakistan.
This service is provided:
- For those who have lost contact with close relatives;
- When loss of contact is due to armed conflicts, other situations of violence, natural or man-made disasters or migration;
- For separated or unaccompanied children;
- For detainees visited by the ICRC abroad;
- When other means of communication (telephone lines, postal sytem etc.) are disrupted or not available.
or in other situations of humanitarian need, when possible.